About Sam K. Jebaraja

Music Director: Samuel Jebaraja ( Bass Sam )

Samuel Jebaraja popularly known as Bass Sam is a famous Bass guitarist in the southern districts of Tamil Nadu. He has recently resigned his Government Job of 16 years and has committed himself for fulltime ministry…

My Family & My Interest…
“My parents had 4 daughters before I was born and my mother’s prayer in which she promised faithfully to God that if she had a son she will dedicate him for His ministry brought me into this world. She was the one who encouraged me a lot into music. She put me into Guitar classes when I was 13. So I learned Guitar from Mr. Thomson. By the time I was 16 I got more interested in music and I started playing Guitar along with Mr. David for various Christian programmes. And I also started playing for music recordings at that time.

Since then I have been involved in more than 1000 music recordings. Praise God for that. During 1984 – 1986 I formed a Western Music Band called “Tremlos” along with Gem Gabriel, Godwin, Prabakar & Godfrey. That was a learning experience for me as I learned to compose for western music. Later on I got involved with music troupes such as “Joy Jinglers” & “Satellite for Christ”. I have also been involved in Jesus Calls Meetings and Pr. Rajendran, Pr. Rathinam Paul and Pr. Selwyn’s Meetings. Then from 1984 till 2004 I was working with Vishwavani, composing music for their Radio Programmes. Till today I have composed music for almost 15 Christian music albums.

My first composition was Rap Heroes in 1996, which was a first attempt into Rap music by a Christian album and I would say that it was God’s doing that I got the opportunity from Trichy Youth For Christ. Actually it was one of my friend’s project who couldn’t do it and it was offered to me. That was how I got that opportunity.

My calling & My decision…
I resigned the government job after working for 16 years. If I had worked for 4 more years I would have got Retirement Benefits & Voluntary Retirement. But I had to obey God’s calling and I came to Chennai after resigning my Job. The reason being, when I was in Nellai Kattabomman Transport Corporation working for cine orchestra as a musician God used to remind me now and then about my parent’s prayer and their promise that I would be dedicated for God’s ministry. Later when I came to Chennai for participating in Ron Kenoley’s Concert during August 2004, I attended the Sunday morning service in AG Church Kodambakkam in which God clearly spoke to me during the worship.

Both my parents and my wife were really supportive when I made the decision to resign my job and be involved full time in His ministry. There were very few who didn’t consider it to be a good decision. But God gave me the resilience to stand firm in my decision. My wife got a nice job as soon as we came to Chennai, also I started getting offers from different ministries and offers are still coming in. I can never forget the way my friends supported and encouraged me when I came to Chennai.

My Vision & My Ministry…
I was very much touched by the praise & worship music during the times I spent involved in music when I was in Nellai. I enjoy watching praise & worship videos such as Ron Kenoley’s and I got the burden to be a part of such worship. Even before I shifted base to Chennai God gave me the opportunity to be a part of Bro. Alwyn’s Praise & Worship Ministry. It’s a miracle that God has kept many doors open for me even before I came to Chennai. I am also doing music for some of the Christian music albums in Chennai.

Music is also a ministry. Especially today youngsters are very much inclined to music. My dream is to do music ministry among the youngsters giving them quality music along with latest technology. God has also opened few other opportunities for me as I have got the offer for doing my music ministry in Malaysia, Singapore, and other Asian countries.
Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment