About Solomon Augustine

My parents have committed me for Gods ministry. When there is a calling from God I wish to do his ministry through music. 

My father put me into piano classes when I was only 6 years old. My first master was Mr.Dhanaraj (he was also the ‘Guru’ of the Musician Illayaraja). After that I learned piano from five different musicians. I have done 8th grade in practical & 5th grade in theory from London Trinity College of music. I even learned to play ‘Mridangam’ for a short period.

When I got the confidence enough to play the keyboard,I started participating in some recording programmes with my father. But there was a lingering fear and shyness within me. When my father realized this, he started to put my name without my knowledge on the cassettes which he composed. 

Bro.Jeyakumar was the one who gave me the encouragement and motivation at that time.  After that, I got the offers of playing music for various music directors. It was a great opportunity to learn the work techniques, minute details, & the basics of Carnatic music.

We should always offer the best to God. It’s my wish and my dream that Christian music should be as good as the music in Indian cinema and even better than that. 

My father Mr.D.Augustine was introduced as a flute player 30 years ago. He then learned to play harmonium himself and started a music ministry with my uncle (my father’s elder brother) who was doing the ‘Gospel of Deliverance’ ministry. Along with this my father  also worked as a teacher in Raja Sir.Muthiah School. 

My wife Annie is already into ministry. She is a part of Jesus Lives ministry in Sri Lanka. My wife’s father Late S.Rjendram was doing God’s ministry in Sri Lanka. Not only did my wife continue the work left behind by my Father-in-law, but she is also a member of Joyce Meyer ministry in Sri Lanka. 

High quality music instruments & equipments are needed in order to produce good music. These music instruments are very costly. The situation is such that after investing Rupees 5 to 10 lackhs in this one has to earn at least Rs.5000/- a day. Then only he can pay off the credits and buy new equipments and also meet his daily needs. 

Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment