About K.I.P.Sweeton

Music Director K.I.P.Sweeton is the son of famous Christian lyricist Kadayanodai I. Packianathan. He is very much popularin the southern parts of Tamil Nadu for more than three decades. At the young age of 27 Sweeton has already donemusic for more than 25 music albums. 

My entry into music…
“I got into this music field through my father. He is a greatlyricist. I used to be with him when he did musical programs and started singing with him from the age of 10 itself. Then I played guitar and proceeded forward step-by-step. My father was already an organist in Kadayanodai for almost 20 years.  So I learned playing keyboard from him and also from my eldest brothers

More than fame or popularity it was the yearning to do God’s 
ministry that got me into this field. 


God’s presence should be felt in songs…
According to me the presence of God is the one that determines the quality of any Christian music. The rest is secondary.

Remaking the songs of the past….
The idea to remake the traditional songs was not mine. But it was the idea of pastor Daniel in Tuticorin who did the remake of voice of the convention songs and I did the ‘Keerthanaigal’.

Sacrifices we need to make…
Being in Christian music alone we have lost many things in this field, especially in the present scenario most of the music albums are incurring losses. But I don’t take such things to heart. Apart from this we have also spent a lot investing in studio and instruments. Loss in ministry is a part of any ministry.

Add life to the songs…
I don’t feel that budget is a problem to produce good music. If you take Father Berckhmans’s first two music volumes for example, they were extraordinary songs produced on an ordinary budget. And these songs are still been listened to! Budget can be useful in order to rise to the international standard in work techniques. But it’s not the only reason for adding life to a song.

Film playback singers for Christian songs…
I don’t think its wrong to use film playback singers for Christian songs. In those days “keerthanaigal” were sung by Jikki and it didn’t make the songs lack any kind of spiritual feeling. It’s the song that matters more than the singers.

Ministry has sacrifices…
It’s not right to consider those who does sequence for films side-by-side while doing ministry in the list of missionaries at all. When you are into ministry there are sacrifices.


Deviations…
I got lot of opportunities to get into films and earn lots of money. At that time I would remember my father’s words. In his song “Endan naavil pudu paattu” there is a line “Endan jeevanulla naal varaikkum en devan pugazh paaduven” (I will sing the praises of my Lord till I die). Having these lines in my heart, it didn’t allow me to deviate.

Bitter and better experiences of life…
For me it’s a bitter experience when you incur loss in your own production. And playing music in the churches are the happiest experiences.

Future plans…
I want to do God’s songs till I have life in this body, that’s all. There are 400 songs written by my father. I want make it into music albums”.

From his father’s heart…
I had lots of interest in music and my father was also into music. So automatically Sweeton was also interested in music. I sent him to Gift Jebakumar in order to learn violin and also tried to get him admission in music colleges so that I could encourage him in his interest. I feel proud that he is working for God.

Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment