33 God-Given Truths For Those Battling Cancer

God's word is unchanging, even in the face of what may seem like an insurmountable struggle or trial. Facing cancer is often the most difficult and wearisome suffering a person can face. But we must remind ourselves of God's truth even when things are as bad as they can get. Read these scriptures below and I pray you will be filled with comfort for today, and hope for the future!
1. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Is. 41:10
God is always with us, he will never leave us, and will be by our side all the days of our lives. 

2. “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Ex. 14:14
Even in the midst of suffering, we must be still before God, and let him fill us with hope.

3. “For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." Deut. 20:4
God fights on our behalf. But we must let him. We must seek to lean on Him and let his spirit minister to us.

4. “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deut. 31:6
God will NEVER leave us. He will not forsake us, or put us to shame. 

5. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:6-7
When things get really hard, it is natural to get anxious. But God can dispel anxiety as he fills us with hope and puts our minds at peace

6. “No weapon formed against you shall prosper…” Is. 54:17
We can trust that God is victorious, and that no opposing spirit shall harm us.

7. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Ps. 73:26
Our body's are weak, and fallible. They are finite, they have limits, and they will waste away. But God's strength will never fail, and it will be with us forever.

8. “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Rom. 8:38-39
Absolutely NOTHING can separate us from the love of God. Let this truth sink in today.

9. “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.” Rom 16:20
Jesus has total power and dominion over Satan, and will not let the enemy overcome you!

10. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior…” Is. 43:2-3
Though we may be walking through a trial that is painful and frightening, God will always be with us, protecting us and comforting us.

11. “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zeph. 3:17
God loves us so much. He continually rejoices over us, even when we are suffering and weak. He is full of gladness all the time. 

12. “So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.” 1 Pet. 1:6
God will keep you through this trial, and there is always hope and light at the end of the tunnel. 

13. “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” 2 Cor. 12:9
Our weakness enables God to work through us in the most powerful way possible. We must try not to fight our weakness, but let God use us how he pleases when we are in a season of suffering. 

14. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matt. 11:28-29
God wants to fill us up with his spirit, and to grant us true, peaceful rest. We just need to come to Him and ask!

15. “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Is. 40:31
We must wait on Him. He will renew us, and grant us strength when we feel we have nothing left.

16. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Pet. 5:7
Suffering can causes us to become extremely anxious. But we must know that God is the only one who can grant us true peace, as we look to cast all our cares and worries on Him.

17. “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Is. 26:3
We must stick close to Him, in order to retain our peace. When we trust in God for all our needs, he provides us with an incredible peace that surpasses all understanding. 

18. “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
God is greater. He is greater than our illness, than our pain, than our despair. He is always highest over all. And he lives in us. 

19. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27
Illness can bring with it a deeply troubled heart. But God wants to dispel the trouble and give us a supernatural calm in the depths of our being. 

20. “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” Ps. 55:22
When we feel shakey and afraid, we must trust that God will lead us on one step at a time. We can never be shaken when we place our hope and trust in Him.

21. “From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Ps. 61:2
We must seek to cry out to God to lead us to his dwelling place when we are wading through illness. He will always guide us.

22. “God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.” Ps. 46:5
When we feel discouraged by our situation, and worn out by our sickness, we must remember that God desires to help us every single day. 

23. “But I trust in you, LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands;” Ps. 31:14-15
He is the Alpha and the Omega. The beggining and the end. Our entire lives are dictated by His will alone. This is an amazing promise to trust when we are in the middle of uncertainty and filled with fear. 

24. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness." Lam. 3:22-23
God is so good. Even through sickness, he stays faithful and provides us with a renewed sense of his love and mercy EVERY single morning.

25. “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Ps. 23:1-6
Amen!

26. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jer. 29:11
We must trust that God will lead us into hope and a future. We are safe with Him.

27. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” 2 Cor. 1:3-4
We are able to minister to others so effectively in our affliction. We must let God continue to work in and through us even when we are going through the fire of sickness and pain.

28. “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Heb. 4:16
We must ask for help. God wants to assist us in our times of trial and need. May we be bold in approaching Him with our requests!

29. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,” Ps. 103:2-4
This is what God is all about. Redemption. Life. Healing. He wants us to know this in the midst of suffering and sickness. He adorns us with His love and mercy all the days of our lives!

30. “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Rev. 21:4-5
An incredible promise, and a hope for the future. However bad our suffering might be in this day, God promises to rectify it, and to wipe every tear away from our eyes. We can trust this WILL happen in the future.

31. “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” Ps. 91:1-2, 4
We must dwell in His shelter - it is the best place we can be when going through the pain and hardship of sickness. He will protect us under his wings, and cover us with his love and affection.

32. “Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” Neh. 8:10
May we find joy and comfort in the Lord God almighty, even when we have no strength to sing to Him. He is a good Father who desires to see us take heart as we look to Him!

33. “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
Jesus sets us free. This is the same whether we are fighting fit, or suppressed with sickness. We can still rejoice in this incredible truth, even when trial surrounds us. There is such power in declaring this promise in the midst of suffering! Amen!

Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment