Giftson Durai - Biography

As a songwriter i do not force myself to write a song every morning. It happens just like that. Things around me inspire me, and at the right time they fall into lyrics and music. 

I started producing music when i was 8th (grade) standard kid, back then i was just playing keyboard in our church. Everything since then just happened through grace of God. I remember recording with just a 2 meter cable (trs to 3.5mm) with a free program called audacity. My dad helped me buying my first sound card and then i started making small earnings through short film scores and few gospel singles for people, which helped me to provide myself a small proper setup to record my music. I felt there must be a change in the way people hear gospel music in India. Everyone should be able to relate to God. 

I started making my song with lyrics being more poetic and easily understandable . I found a classical singer Sukrutha Govind Rao through my friends. Sukrutha, a great singer and my dear friend from a marathy family, her parents were very supportive for her singing passion. She shakes head saying yes everytime i have a small session of female vocal. I slowly started uploading music, i got 100 views for my first video and was happy atleast few hear me somewhere. I later stopped thinking about the views and now i just upload music for my passion and happiness. Am more happy writing songs about God. Am 20 years old now doing my film school, hopefully I believe I'll bring the change that i desired in the gospel music in coming days,I know success cannot gained in a day but through constant hardwork, I'll work hard to reach more people in near future, am also looking for labels who can promote us, if they like the songs, Thanks keep praying - Giftson Durai

Check out few songs by Giftson Durai:




Share on Google Plus

1 comments:

  1. Your song exactly tells the pain my situation. Thank you God

    ReplyDelete