I am a Born-Again Christian, says WWE Superstar “Shawn Michaels”.

A retired World Wrestling Entertainment superstar has written a new book documenting his coming to Christ and how it affected his public and private life. Shawn Michaels, a pro-wrestler whose accolades include winning the world heavyweight title three times, talks about his Christian faith in the Zondervan book Wrestling For My Life: The Legend, the Reality, and the Faith of a WWE Superstar.

I took one step with Jesus and that was it. The next day I went to cornerstone church office and said I am looking for a bible study and I said I am searching for the Lord, he took to the bible study and that wednesday during the Bible study that person asked me If I would say the sinners prayer and I said Yes I do. He lead me into the sinners prayer and I cried like a baby and  since thenI have never looked back, said Michael in a TV interview with CBN.

He said he never wanted to know who he was and who he was in Christ. But now that I am a strong believer of the Lord and ever since my life has been changed. He also said that his wife always prayed “God give him Strength” recollects shawn in the interview with CBN.

“I thought that would be fun to be able to do one someday based solely on my faith and that the things that are truly most important in my life, that being my faith and my family,” said Michaels. He said he was running away from himself while he was into full time wrestling.

“[I’m] getting the opportunity to do it five years after I retired again. [I’m] in a place where you have a better opportunity to sit down, take your time, and reflect on everything as opposed to 2006 when I was still in the midst of doing it.”

Michaels said this new book focuses more on “my journey and my testimony,” and that now is “the right time to do it.”

Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment