Born and Married a Hindu Brahmin

, M. J., was born in a hindu brahmin family. To me my
family religion was not very important. My grandmother
used to take care of religious activities and sometimes
we children were asked to bow our heads in reverence
to idols. I was God conscious and used to wonder who
God is? I had this question and many other questions
to know God. How can a stone be God or how can
human beings make god and goddesses? This question
remained unanswered.
I was married to a hindu brahmin family of my own
caste. My husband was a great worshipper of idols.
Though I used to visit temples along with him, I used to
be disturbed in mind and was never satisfied. I have a
loving husband and two loving sons and yet I was
always experiencing emptiness in life. I was quietly
searching for the true God. My heart never allowed me
to worship idols and I had almost stopped going with
my husband to the inside of the temples, where idols
used to be worshipped.
In the year 1992, my elder brother and his family visited
us from the USA. My brother who had gone to the USA
for study has now settled there. He had accepted Jesus
Christ and became a Christian. When he stayed with us,
he shared the gospel of Jesus with me and my family. I
was very much impressed by the power of his faith in
Christ and saw his changed life. I was also wondering
to know whether I am doing right or doing wrong in
worshipping idols. My brother told me that God has
revealed Himself in the Bible and has shown us the way
to live a godly life here on earth by trusting His son
Jesus. I requested him to send me a Bible. He did send
me one and I started reading the Bible and wanted to
know more about Jesus and God.
So I visited churches to watch and know what the
Christians do in worship. My brother invited me to the
USA in 1993 and after arriving there, the first thing I
told him is to take me to a church. The very first
Sunday, I went to my brother's church with him i.e.,
Grace Valley Christian Center, Davis, CA. During the
worship the Spirit of God told me in my heart that I am
in the presence of the true and living God. I realized
that I am a sinner and even then, Jesus loves me and
that He alone can forgive my sins and make me free.
When I shared this with my brother, he took me to Rev
P. G. Mathew, Senior Pastor of Grace Valley, who
explained to me the gospel of Christ in detail.
When I made up my heart and mind to accept Jesus as
my Savior and Lord, Pastor Mathew asked me - "Your
husband is a Hindu Brahmin, will he accept you when
you accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord?" My answer
to him was this "My God will save me and will take care
of me." Pastor Mathew read to me a verse from the
book of Mathew, Chapter 11, verse 28 "Come to me, all
you who are weary and burdened and I will you rest."
Then and there I accepted Jesus as my personal Savior.
In September 1993, I became a Christian and a child of
the living God Jesus Christ. Since then, I have much
peace and joy in my heart. After my vacation in the
USA, I returned to India in November 1993, a changed
person. I shared my faith with my husband and two
sons and started praying for them. Though I was
praying alone, God gave me strength to bear all the
difficult situations, which a single person with Christian
faith and practices would face in a brahmin home. It
was a testing time for my faith in Christ. By God's
grace, I could overcome all these difficult situations. My
brother, Pastor Mathew and all the brothers and sisters
in Grace Valley Church, encouraged me and were
praying for me and my family so that I could lead a
victorious life in Christ in the midst of all hardships.
God has blessed me in many ways and my husband and
my two sons have accepted Jesus as their Savior and
Lord in February 1996. We as a family live very joyfully,
peacefully and prosperously. We are in Christ and we
now worship in a church in Calcutta. We are growing in
our faith in Lord Jesus every day and becoming stronger
in faith. Praise be to the Lord Who has done marvelous
things. This is my testimony to my friends who are
searching to know and find the true, loving and caring
God. It is Jesus Christ, Who took upon Himself my sins
on the Cross of Calvary and has granted me peace and
joy now and forever with Him in heaven. Amen.
M.J., Calcutta, India

Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment