Nagma Interview, About Her Faith And Mission on Christianity

Actress Nagma is a Christian now. Once Nagma was in her career peak and also in her dating peak , she ruled the roost in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films from 1993 to 1997.

She is now almost in retirement. While he younger sister Jyothika is happily married with Actor Surya with a kid, Nagma has so far not entered into matrimony.

Here is the experts from her interview with The Christian Messenger, she talks about her faith and mission in an interview. Actress Nagma actress, who

When did you come to realize the saving power of Jesus Christ?
I was born on Christmas to a Muslim mother and a Hindu father. I went to a convent school from childhood. I was exposed to Christianity from a young age. I went to Mount Mary Convent School in Bandra, Mumbai. There, Mass was a routine feature. I always thought I am very special to God because I was born on Dec 25th – perhaps because the world celebrated the day.

While reading the New Testament, I realized the importance of baptism and also of joining a church. Therefore, I immediately joined Pastor Shekhar Kalyanpur’s New Life Fellowship in Juhu, Mumbai. I took baptism on Jan 4. Since 2007 was a year of rest I decided to take a break from films and continued my Bible study fervently.

How much time in a day do you set apart for reading the Bible, worshiping God and praying?
I pray at all times. At times for hours together I lock myself in my room and I seek God. I pray anywhere and everywhere. Since the past two years I have considerably cut down on my work just to seek the face of God, wait upon Him and to know His will in my life.

Has there been any opposition to your accepting Christ as your savior from your family?
Not at all. In fact, they have been very supportive. As I said earlier, I am from a secular family and happen to gain knowledge of different faiths. Now that I am a believer, they are supportive of this fact.

What was Jyothika’s reaction to your accepting Christ?
All of them including my sisters think it?s a phase I am going through and I will get out of it soon. They think I am on my own trip (laughs). In due time, they will come to realize that this is the Way, the Truth and Life.

Are you contemplating marriage?
Marriages are made in heaven. If there?s a man that God has chosen for me, then marriage shall happen. But the important thing is, he has to be a believer, a man who has God as his priority and who believes in God?s command stated in Ephesians 5:25.

Do you have any message for our readers?
Love one another and love the Lord God with all your heart and mind and soul. And blessings to all along with all-surpassing peace that the Lord our Father has granted us. Keep me in your prayers, too.

source: extramirchi.com
Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment